Quests » Blood Script
- Completion of Law and Order
- Discover and Inspect the body.
- Report the crime to the Town Watch.
- Interview all witnesses on scene.
- Discover the meaning of the carvings.
- Confront the Lesser Draconid, then follow him.
- Solve the riddles to gain entrance.
- Listen to Mered and decide what you do with him, or help him.
- If you killed or handed him over the quest will end.
- If you agreed to help him and have interacted with the Ancient Tome a new branch opens.
- You can try to refuse The Shadow Reborn or immediately agrree and kill The Scribe.
- Depending on your choices made you will arrive at the desert near Uket's shrine. Here again you have two options:
Arriving at the scene
Arriving at the Docks of Anubis, near the huts you'll notice a small crowd gathered around a dead body. Inspect the poor dead Jackal an you'll notice the body was mutilated and has some strange runes carved into it's chest. Time to report this crime to the City Watch. Head back towards the bridge you would take to the docks proper and talk to your favorite Anubite Guard you have met before at the docks. Learn that this was not the first murder and that the City Watch don't have the capability to chase a murdering lunatic. Offer your help instead, time to find some witnesses.
Finding some leads
Turning around it's time to interview some possible witnesses. Talk to each of these and exhaust their dialogues to get as much pieces of the puzzle as possible.
- The Nearby Draconid, a male standing outside a hut to your right.
- The Nearby Jackal, a female to the left at the end of the alley from the body.
- The Nearby Villagers, directly wandering around the body.
- The Nearby City Watch, two guards near the body.
- The Scribe, trough the orchard near the waterfront. The important ones are the Scribe and the Nearby Draconid. After having talked to both go back to the Stranger once more and ask him about Atá. After a weird exchange follow him to his home. Once arrived he will barricade himself inside. You can try to talk, knock and bang on his door but it will led nowhere. Go back and talk to the Scribe at the waterfront. Ask her once again about Atá until she tells you she has exactly what you need: The secret Atá Door knock technique! Head back and use your newly acquired skill.
Riddle me this
It seems our stranger isn't satisfied by your knocking knowledge alone, he posses multiple riddles which you can fail as often as you want. The first riddle goes In fine silk am I adorned, great jewels and gilding all about me... yet none but common thieves may witness my majesty. What am I. your possible answers include:
- It's a cock!
- It's a tax-collectors table!
- It's a concubine adept!
- It's a Lybossan trireme!
- It's a golden bedlah!
- It's a dragon on a pile of riches!
- It's jewel-encrusted strap-on, worn by a thief!
- It's your mother, dressed in silk underwear!
- It's a treasure chest!
- It's an entombed mummy!
After guessing correctly (an entombed Mummy) he will pose the second riddle: A lone warrior standing sentinel. The charge sustains me. Retreat does not fell me. Only in victors do I die. What am I? with the following answers ready:
- It's an arrow!
- It's an obelisk!
- It's a crocodile!
- It's a candle!
- It's a cock!
After guessing correctly again (a cock) he will pose the third and final riddle: Above gates I reside, guarding nought but ecstasy. Never can I be lost, though by some I am yet seldom found. What am I? with the following answers ready:
- It's a cock!
- It's a carving above a tomb entrance!
- It's a a ritual vessel!
- It's a a key, like a sexy key... on a chain!
- It's a clitoris!
After guessing correctly again (a clitoris) he'll finally open up. From here on out the dialogue is pretty branching, to learn everything you'll have to listen to him for a while. To proceed you have to accuse him of murder. From there on out you'll have a few choices on how to advance. The first choice is to immediately agree to share the burden, in which case you can skip to the next Chapter. If you hand him over instead a fight will break out, once he's near death dialogue picks up again and you can choose your flavor of punishment:
- Comdemn him to the City Watch, which will end the quest.
- Kill him on the spot, which will end the quest.
- Release him, which will end the quest.
The Shadow Reborn I
If you agreed to help him let him explain everything. Once you're satisfied you can still decide his fate once more, which lead to the same options as listed above. If you've answered that you understand him instead, he will show you the Ancient Tome on the table inside. Pick it up and interact with it and you will hear Atá! You can try to leave which will be unsuccessful or be more agreeable and listen to his grand scheme. Once it's revealed that his plan is to kill another citizen you can once more refuse unsuccessfully or listen. Reading the name from the book then reveals Atá's final target is the Scribe. This time you can actually refuse him but Atá will brush it off saying you need more time, you can also leave to think about it, or finally agree. You can go back to Mered for some additional dialogue. Talking to the Anubite Guards or the scribe won't offer any new dialogue.
The Shadow Reborn II
Once you've arrived at the Scribe you can try to resist (once more...) or kill her. If you kill her she will be dead on the spot and the quest will end. Try to resist instead and Atá won't be happy at all but provide a final alternative. You'll travel to Uket's shrine in the desert. Once you've arrived Atá will speak again and offer two options:
- Accept and then give up to kill Mered, in which case he gets brutally head-stabbed by you, which frees Atá and ends the quest.
- Resist an then give up (which seems to be a theme in this quest) in which case Atá will take control of Mered an kill him by forced suicide, freeing himself in the progress.
Depending on the outcome, in the future there might be consequences for your actions.
- If you condemn Mered to The Watch: None so far...
- If you kill Mered on the spot: None so far...
- If you chose to help Mered and Atá and kill the Scribe yourself: None so far...
- If you chose to help Mered and Atá and let Atá kill Mered: None so far...
- If you chose to help Mered and Atá and kill Mered yourself: None so far...
While passing through the farmland I have discovered a dead body, this appears to be mutilated and villagers are gathered in the area.
The body has been mutilated and is covered in blood, I should report this to the City Watch.
To get to the bottom of these random killings, I should talk to any potential witnesses.
The stranger seems to have a peculiar story and wants me to follow them, I'm going to find out what they have to say.
The mysterious stranger has locked me out, this gets weirder each time, the scribe also seemed to know something about the markings.
--- Route A --- Mered must answer for his crimes and be brought to justice, at all costs.
--- Route B --- Mered asked me to pickup and read the tome of Atá, the scribe must know more about this.
The Ancient Tome has asked me to end the Scribe's life to bring them back to power, I'm not sure if I can do this.
- This quest has quite some branching dialogue, some which ends in soft decisions. Be sure to read and listen as much as possible if you want to get the full picture.